Nebojša Vojvodić
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone CPR: What to Do When Your Handset

Ići dole

iPhone CPR: What to Do When Your Handset  Empty iPhone CPR: What to Do When Your Handset

Počalji od hurricanemaxi 14.11.11 15:21

The original idea was to break it in some sort of "launch" into the air. But when my dad told me he was going fishing, somebody thought it would be a good idea to cast the iPhone 4S into the Atlantic Ocean. I remember thinking, "Well, that would be cool if we captured the video and got the phone to work again."

That would be cool, but reality proved to be a bit crueler.

Real Life Situations

Water-damaged phones can typically be fixed if corrosion is the issue. A phone gets fried sometimes when it is on and wet at the same time. This is why it is very important to power the phone off and remove the battery ASAP.

Knowing this, I still decided to go to the beach without the needed pentacle star torx screw driver to open the phone and remove the battery. The reality is that nobody walks around with the special torx screwdriver in their hip pocket.

So while we did not follow the best methods for saving a phone, we did manage to emulate a more real-life scenario where somebody has their phone on and it gets wet.

When the phone was reeled back in, after what turned out to be an impressive cast into the ocean, the iPhone 4S came back completely powered off. My hope was that it would actually still be on, with the video recorder running, and I could power it off right away. This dream was stupid or ignorant at best, and I clearly have more experience fixing these phones rather than breaking them.

When we were walking the phone back (it probably took about five to 10 minutes), the light flash turned on and stayed on. This was distressing, because obviously the phone was still on and we could not remove the battery. When I say "distressing," what I mean is I was freaking out and annoying people around me. The phone was very hot at this point.

If I had not been closer to our place I would have busted the back screen and removed the battery that way. Looking back, that would have been the smart move, because we ended up doing that anyways.
morgellons
Gucci Mane mixtapes

hurricanemaxi

Muški
Broj poruka : 42
Godina : 35
Datum upisa : 11.08.2011

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Nazad na vrh